We are looking forward to offering summer camps and classes at LDA. We can comply with all state guidelines for summer camps and we want to make the necessary adjustments as seamless as possible. For the most part camp will look the same; dance classes, new choreography, games, stories, and creating art!
We need your help to make camps and classes safe and fun! Here are procedures for before and during camps and classes that we need everyone to follow.
1. Please take your child’s temperature at home before coming to camp. As a parent of a low-grade temp child (“normal” for us is 97.5) I believe that you are the best person to assess changes to your child’s health. If your child is sick, please stay home.
2. Talk with your child about expectations at the studio. Students need to follow directions and keep their bodies to themselves. There are spatial markings on the floor to indicate where to sit or stand at different times.
3. Drop-off for camp should be a quick in and out and parents and students need to wear masks. Drop off begins 30 minutes before camp and pick up extends 30 minutes after to promote more staggered arrivals and departures.
4. Dancers should wear moveable and comfortable clothing of any style and bring a water bottle and a healthy snack and lunch for all day camps.
1. We encourage students ages 4-8 wear a mask when possible. Masks are required for students 9+ and instructors and teaching assistants.
2. Craft project supplies and props are individual for each camper. Dancers will be assigned a tote with their supplies. While we normally encourage sharing; students will not share items during this time.
3. Students take frequent breaks for water and snacks and lots of hand washing!
4. While we cannot offer a culminating performance, we will take photos and videos everyday to send to you and students can take home their art projects at the end of the week.
5. Our lobby area remains closed throughout the summer.
Our staff is committed to creating meaningful and engaging experiences for our students while maintaining the highest standards of health and safety. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Tuition is due on the 5th of each month for classes and camps in the coming month. Summer camps and classes are one time payments. Weekly classes during the school year are due monthly. We do not charge registration fees.
If your child(ren) are absent he/she/they are welcome to take a make-up class with any class in the same age range. Additionally, we have pre-recorded classes for students to take as a make-up. We do not pro-rate for missed classes or closures due to inclement weather.
Students should be timely to class, prepared mentally and physically to participate, and wearing appropriate dress for class. Ballet students wear black leotards, pink tights, pink shoes, and hair in a bun for girls, and black pants/tights, black ballet shoes, and white t-shirt for boys. Contemporary students wear black leggings and a solid color fitted top. Jazz students also wear black leggings and top and jazz shoes. There is no dress code for Creative, Pre-Ballet, or Parent/tot dance classes.
Food, gum, jewlery, and cell phones are not allowed in the dance studio. Students should not be in the dance studio without instructor persmission.